The Women Writers Project, Brown University is due to launch a new Women Writers Online (WWO) platform and interface. The launch will take place in stages over the next few months. In March the new interface to WWO will be publicly visible in parallel with the existing interface. In April, the new interface will become the WWO interface, and access to the old interface will be cut off.
The new platform will retain and improve on familiar features:
- full-text searching
- searching on bibliographic data
- clear reading interface
New features to be added:
- faceted browsing (narrow searches by genre, date, etc.)
- detailed control over the display of the text (e.g. modernization of typography)
- simpler interface for searching and manipulating the collection
- basic biographical details for many authors
- new tools for exploration, e.g., timelines, visualizations
Also, over the course of the coming year:
- expand and update the collection of contextual and biographical essays included in Renaissance Women Online, and extend this collection beyond the Renaissance;
- add contemporary reviews and reception materials arising from our current grant project on readership and reception.